Some of Our Favorite Things to Do in The Woodlands, TX
It’s sometimes hard to believe that the The Woodlands is so close to the hustle and bustle of Houston. All the things to do in The Woodlands, TX let you enjoy small-town charm and green spaces, along with plenty of stellar entertainment options.
What Makes The Woodlands Special?
The Woodlands is made up of several villages. Each one functions a little like its own small town, complete with community organizations, schools, recreational facilities, and shopping centers. Villages feel like individual neighborhoods with unique identities, so you can enjoy the amenities of a larger area without losing that precious small-town feel.
You’ll also find:
- Approximately 200 Specialty and Family Restaurants.
- Upscale Shopping at Market Street, The Woodlands Mall, and Hughes Landing.
The Art Scene
The Woodlands is famously home to the community concert band officially known as “The Woodlands Concert Band.” Established in 2001 and made up of both amateur and professional musicians, they perform annually at Market Street’s Independence Day celebration. It was just a few years ago they gained considerable acclaim under the direction of world-renowned composer Frank Ticheli at the 2015 Texas Band Masters Association Convention.
The Woodlands is also home to several music festivals, including:
- Rock The Row Concert Series
- Creekside Park Unplugged
The Woodlands Green Spaces
The Woodlands certainly lives up to its pastoral name. The community is home to:
- 7,790 acres of green space
- 130 neighborhood parks
- 205 miles of hike and bike trails
- The 200-acre Lake Woodlands
You’ll be able to golf, play tennis, and go kayaking without leaving the area. For an event that’s less rock and roll and more flora and fauna, don’t miss the Wildflower Festival.
When you simply need to chill out, head to:
- Terramont Park: Offers everything from a 9-hole disc golf course to basketball courts, belt swings, and BBQ pits.
- Creekwood Park: Features fishing, pavilions and gazebos, bucket swings, soccer fields, theme slides, tennis courts, a swimming pool, and more.
Gullo Ford of Conroe is Your Source for Things to Do in The Woodlands
Whether you want to find out about the best bars in Spring, the finest shopping in Conroe, or great restaurants in The Woodlands, we’re always pleased to help. Contact us today to learn more.
Top image from thewoodlands.com