How to Take Care of Tires
Proper tire care can prevent blowouts and extend the life of your tires, so it’s something every driver should know about. Let’s take a closer look at how smart drivers keep their tires in top condition.
Follow These Easy Tire Care Tips
- Monitor Pressure: Tire pressure can go up and down due to everything from changing seasons to how much you drive. Having either too much or too little pressure affects performance and increases wear, possibly leading to a blowout. Make sure that doesn’t happening by checking the pressure regularly with a digital tire pressure gauge.
- Balance Your Wheels: Your car’s wheels are lined with weights, evenly distributing weight around the wheel’s circumference. Over time, weights can shift and set your wheels off balance, which makes for a rougher ride and well-worn tires. All you need to do is schedule regular balancing appointments.
- Rotate Your Tires: Your tires won’t wear evenly — look at tread depth on the back tires and front tires to see for yourself. This is why it’s smart to buy tires in sets of four and rotate them regularly to get the most out of each one, especially if you have a 4-wheel drive or all-wheel-drive vehicle.
- Check Wheel Alignment: Wheels can sometimes be knocked out of alignment due to unexpected turbulence. We’re talking things like minor bumps, fender benders, and even potholes. When the wheels aren’t aligned, there’s awkward friction between tires and the road. Have the alignment checked regularly, and always head to a service center after you’ve experienced one of those unexpected jolts.
- Curb Aggressive Driving: If you accelerate fast from a stop sign in The Woodlands or brake hard when you’re slowing down in Spring, your tires are going to wear out faster. To extend their usable life, just drive a little calmer.
Learn More About How to Take Care of Tires with Gullo Ford of Conroe
If you think your tires need some attention, go ahead and schedule service with Gullo Ford of Conroe today — we even offer Quick Lane service to get you in and out as fast as possible. To find out more, don’t hesitate to contact us today.