How Does Paintless Dent Repair Work?
How does paintless dent repair work? Do you need an expert? You aren’t alone if you’re asking yourself those questions. Even now, plenty more people have heard about paintless dent repair (PDR) than actually know what it is. Essentially, PDR restores a car’s body to factory-like condition without costs going high or labor dragging out. It’s mainly used for dents and dings, body creases, and hail damage.
How Paintless Dent Repair Works
Wherever you go, a technician is going to carry paintless dent repair out in much the same way. They will:
- Take a Look at the Damage: Paintless dent removal fixes dents and dings from behind, so a technician will start by having a look at the area to determine the best way forward. Everything from size to location will be assessed to determine how damage can be effectively removed through PDR.
- Get to the Dent: In most cases, PDR happens behind the dent. Body panels and possible lights and interior panels will need to be moved to create a pathway to the dent. Technicians will use special light boards to get a perfect look at the offending dent. Shadows show exactly where pressure needs to be applied.
- Apply Gentle Pressure to the Dent: Your technician will then use special tools to massage the exterior panel back to its original position. This can usually be completed as a same-day service, though more severe dents may require a touch more time.
Why Look to a Professional for Paintless Dent Removal?
You can certainly tackle PDR by yourself if you understand how paintless dent repair works, but it’s usually smarter to trust a professional. Here are just a few reasons why:
- Professionals use the latest tools to diagnose the problem and make repairs.
- Professionals are unlikely to cause damage, such as breaking a trim panel.
- Professionals are more likely to get your car looking like-new instead of just “better than before.”
Find Out More About How Paintless Dent Removal Works With Gullo Ford of Conroe
If you need a dent put right, don’t hesitate to schedule service with Gullo Ford of Conroe today. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us or drop by the service center — we’re just a quick drive from The Woodlands and Magnolia.