What Should You See and Do in Old Town Spring?
Springing up at the site of two major intersecting railroad lines in the early 1900s, Old Town Spring is now a charming bedroom community built in tribute to a bygone era. Historical buildings blend with over 150 shops, restaurants, and galleries, making it an appealing destination for families.
Old Town Spring Shops and Restaurants
If you’re visiting shops in Old Town Spring, you’ll find a charming selection of boutiques lining the blocks surrounding Main Street and Gentry/Midway Street. Try CR Collectibles and Sam’s Antiques for collectibles and The Spotted Pony on Midway for Renaissance-era costumes.
A few of the standout restaurants include:
- Wunsche Bros. Café & Saloon
- Hyde’s Café
- Ellen’s Café
Old Town Spring Events
It might be small, but Old Town Spring boasts a thriving community that helps put on fantastic events all year round, including the wonderful Texas Crawfish Festival. A few more upcoming favorites include:
- Autumn Art and Texas Wine Festival: October 6 – 7, 2018
- Pet Fest: October 20 – 21, 2018
- Home for the Holidays: Every weekend from November 10 – December 23, 2018
Things to Do Around Old Town Spring
Old Town Spring isn’t just about picturesque streets and boutique shopping. A few other attractions in and around the area include:
- Old Town Spring Museum: Check out a wide collection of historical curiosities collected from the families that first built Old Town Spring.
- SplashTown Park: Enjoy 53-acres of rides, slides, and pools. Thrill seekers can try the Texas Freefall while those there to relax can take to the Lazy River.
- InSpire Rock Indoor Climbing: Set right next to SplashTown is over 17,000 square feet of world class climbing where you can scale heights up to 46 feet.
- Spring Creek Greenway: This 24-acre preserve includes 2,385 linear feet of frontage along Spring Creek. Launch canoes, stroll the waterfront, or view the waterfowl, shorebirds, and songbirds.
Contact Us Today to Find Out More About Local Attractions
Whether you’re looking for activities around Lake Conroe or the best attractions in Old Town Spring, contact us to learn more. We see ourselves as part of the local community, so we’re always happy to point you in the right direction.